I hadn't watched anything on this season except for a few of the early episodes. Didn't even know some more well-known guys like Gerry Dee or Jon Reep were on there. Never heard of this Lavell Crawford cat...so I went to ole trusty YouTube and watched a sampling of all 3.
How in the blue hades did Lavell Crawford make it to the final two over Dee? Dee's a poor man's Brian Regan, except he's Canadian. He's hilarious. Jon Reep's the Hemi guy, and his other stand-up bits are hilarious and I believe he's already had his own Comedy Central half-hour special. If Crawford wins, this will make Last Comic Standing even more of a farce than what it already is. Crawford was taking old jokes with sloppy delivery and getting laughs b/c they were modified to be fat jokes. I saw where he told one joke that's an old old Steven Wright joke - "I dreamed I was eating a rice krispie treat last night, and then I woke up and my pillow was gone"...and it got extra laughs because he's fat.
Forget that man...Reep has to win.



Bookmarks